Small Groups of members meet on their schedule throughout the month to quilt together. These quilters enjoy the time together to work on and compare projects and help one another with new ideas, etc. As new members join the guild, small groups are formed based on interest. There are currently eight small groups meeting on a monthly. They are listed below. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the listed contact person for the individual group you are interested in.
Unless otherwise noted the Small Groups meet at the St. Theodore’s Episcopal Church, 1001 Kingsland Road, in Sengel Hall which is located on the lower level. There are tables, plugins, and great lighting. You need to bring your supplies and can either bring your sewing machine or rent a sewing machine for $10 if your meeting is held at St. Theodore’s Sengel Hall. The contact person listed will be responsible for checking out the machine and collecting the rent. The money should be delivered to the treasurer Vicki Donnell at the regular guild meeting.
Occasionally, the groups choose to move their regularly schedule meeting to other dates. If you are new to the group, please be sure to reach out to the contact person to check their schedule.
1. Sew Many Friends– We exist so you can get better acquainted with some area quilters. We have no rules, just bring something you’re working on and stay as long as you like (or just come and visit and get acquainted). We have all levels of quilters attending so there’s plenty of help on hand if you need it or plenty of “opinions” if you just need quilty advice. Generally, we meet on the 2nd Wednesday of the month anytime between 9 am – 1 pm. At the St. Theodore’s Sengel Hall lower level. If you stay all day, bring something to eat. There’s a kitchen with a microwave and fridge. Contact Person – Elaine Sick (479) 721-9899.
2. Silver Needle Quilters – Projects using new techniques, comfort quilts – Meeting on the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month at 1 pm at the Bella Vista Lutheran Church. Contact Person – Kay Gaudian (479) 381-6712.
3. Dog Beds for Animal Shelters – Meets the 3rd Wednesday of the month from 9 am – 1 pm at the St. Theodore’s in Sengel Hall on the lower level. Contact Person – Elaine Sick (479) 721-9899.
4. Quilters on The Go: Quilting skills of all levels. Bring sewing machine and basic supplies. Cutting boards and ironing board are provided. Each month a different pattern
is presented by a member of the group and finished into a 17” x 24 “ quilt. This is a good way to gain experience with different quilt patterns and techniques. The projects are for donation quilts. This year we are sewing blankets for the NICU unit at Mercy Hospital. New members are always welcome. We meet the 4th Thursday of each month at 12 noon to 3 pm at St. Theodore’s Sengel Hall in the lower level. Contact person is Mary Lange Kalin, 479-553-7005 or email@example.com
5. Quilts of Valor (QOV) – Meets on the 1st Tuesday of the month from 9:30 to noon at St. Theodore’s in Sengel Hall on the lower level. You may bring your sewing machine or if you prefer to cut and press that is fine also. You can bring rulers and rotary cutters. Cutting matts are available. The material will be provided. Calico Cut-Ups Quilts of Valor membership # is 57006 for those wishing to renew their membership. Contact Person – Brenda Askland, 515-708-2193
6. The Quilt Study Group – Quilt Detectives talk about the history of quilts, fabrics, dyes, patterns and share old quilts and textiles. This group meets at the Rogers Historical Museum on the 2rd Wednesday of the month from 1 pm – 3 pm. Contact person – Alice McElwain (479) 644-1813
7. Applikatz – This group works on projects related to applique, mostly cotton and wool applique, though they also do other quilt projects. This group meets in the home of individual group members on the 1st Wednesday at 1 pm. Contact Person – Nancy Brennan (479) 855-2651.
8. Highland Cut-Ups – Bring your own project. This group meets in the home of individual group members on the 2nd Friday of the month from 10 am – 2 pm. Contact Person – Elaine Sick (479) 721-9899.